Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Project 52 wk 41

"self"

If you follow photography then i'm sure you have seen this blog post that has been going around the internet.  It's a mom sharing her thoughts about how important it is that our children have pictures not only of themselves but of their mamas with them.  One thing in particular struck me as she was describing the excuses that we as moms come up with to not be in a picture: "we're not as young as we used to be, we're still sporting mama bodies, we didn't have time to put makeup on, our kids are cuter."  I know these thoughts have run through my mind when thinking about having a picture taken of me.  So with this weeks theme "self", I knew I needed to hop in a picture with my kids...just as I am.  

 

This week is going to be a fun one! I can't wait to see how everyone interpreted this theme.  First stop is with the lovely Carrie Hyche - Wheatland, WY

8 comments:

  1. Super duper cute!!! You should definitely aim to be in more photos with your kiddos. I LOVE both of their expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I love this picture. Definitely one to treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool - you & your boys; doing something i'm sure you do every day together. i love where everyone is looking - one at you, one at the camera, you at the book...very much a 'self' of your life right now, thomas & all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this photo. What a great capture of a little moment that means so very much to your children. Your youngest son's expression is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! They are so cute and will one day be so glad to look back on these memories of spending time with mommy! I love how we all seem to be OK with being in front of the camera for the sake of our children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Laurie for this reminder. I loved that blog post and though it was only me in my "self" post this week my daughter smiled when she saw them last night. It is so rare for me to be in photos. Thank you! Thank you! It's a beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I NEED a picture like this with my little guy!! Thanks for the reminder. We are so used of being behind the camera! I LOVE this!! This picture will be priceless to them when they get older and to you too! Wonderful, Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very, very sweet Laurie and with perfect sentiments also.

    ReplyDelete