Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Project 52 Wk 35

"golden hour"

In case you are wondering, the golden hour in photography is either the hour before sunset or after sunrise.  It is when you can get a nice warm look to your photos because the sun is low and produces a soft glow.  Yesterday we went out at the "golden hour" and to my surprise it was incredibly muggy and humid! It was so humid that my camera lens was fogging up every 10 seconds.  Needless to say this session lasted only about 5 minutes before we started melting.  Even though it was incredibly humid (which I despise), I am loving the haze that was produced in these photos from it being so hot.  I think I will have to take advantage of our next super humid day! :)   
Did I mention I love my husband...he's so supportive of my photography projects! :) 

Don't miss out on the gorgeous "golden hour" photos by: Karen Porter, Austin TX Photographer - http://www.karenporterphotography.com/index.php/golden-hour-52-wednesdays-35/

8 comments:

  1. i smell the smokey haze - & feel the humidity wrapped in the glow. and those ones of your family - in the midst of living - are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I can feel the humidity in the first image. I love these images of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Laurie! I love the hazy light and fogginess of your lens. They are sooooo dreamy. What wonderful moments you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so amazing Laurie, that your lens was fogging up like that. I never even realized such a thing could happen, but the effect produced such a fantastic haze. I love seeing your family like this! The fun and silliness is touching. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore how you captured your family in these photos. The second one is priceless! It should be framed for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, how totally sweet and joyful and a fun surprise to see the self, family portraits. i love them. what a gorgeous set of boys you have in your life. and in camera haze is something that would be really hard to edit in :) annoying, but it really did work for a soft feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the haze! It makes such a unique image and I love the self-family-portraits! I know you'll treasure these for years to come!

    ReplyDelete