Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do what you love

Recently I feel like I have heard this a lot.  Find the career you were made for, something that excites you and you are passionate about.  I am a nurse and though I like it, I wouldn't say it is my passion or that it is the one thing that makes me feel alive.  So I have often thought...what career, hobby does make me feel that way?  Honestly, I have come up with nothing.  I love being home with my kids but then after a few rough days, I really want to get out.  I think well if I get really good at photography I could try that...but that is a lot of work and time spent away from my family and then I ruin a hobby I enjoy.  In my fantasy world, this blog would become a sensation and I would have sponsors who would be dying to pay to be on my site...haha.

I was talking to Nick about this last night and he said something very smart (like usual)...he said, "Don't get caught up in chasing a feeling."  Hmmm...I am a total dreamer, and while it isn't bad to be a dreamer, sometimes it makes me feel really restless because I am chasing a dream or a goal that wasn't made for me. Sometimes I get caught up in thinking if only I had that... then I would feel more fulfilled.  In reality, I know God has placed me where I am for a reason and that I am living an extremely blessed life.  I will continue to dream and know it will drive me to do some things I wouldn't otherwise try.  However,  I know I need to focus more on the positives in my life sometimes than the what ifs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment