Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Project 52 Wk 3

"Bokeh"
(A Japanese term for the bluror the aesthetic quality of the blur, in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.)


At first when I found out this weeks theme I was so bummed!  I didn't think I could do it due to my lack of awesome camera equipment.  However, with a little more research I learned that I indeed could!  It might not be as dramatic as some other entries you will see this week but I was excited to really focus on getting "Bokeh" in my photos this week!  It is week 3 and already I feel like I have learned so much!  I can't wait to see what is in store in the weeks to come.  

Early this week we had a small ice storm come through, coating everything in a thin sheet of ice...so I decided to go out and take some pictures and try to achieve some "Bokeh" in the process.  Here is what I came up with.  





Now take some time and visit Tiffany Anderson - Katy, TX photographer http://tiffaphotography.blogspot.com/2012/01/yeahbokeh.html to check out her "Bokeh." 

6 comments:

  1. These are both great examples! Don't discount the equipment you have - remember that the majority of success lies in the photographer and not the equipment! It did exactly what it was supposed to do - set your subject apart from the background so that it is the main focus! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Laurie! Way to conquer the task with what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies for the encouragement! All I have is a kit lens right now...but this will be changing soon! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree laurie - you did a great job, and captured something so cool. i use my 50 1.4 sigma for almost every shot. there is some purity to it, i feel. dreaming of an 85 and maybe a 35 someday, but the expense can make us work on "seeing" in terms of frames and moments. that's what it's all about to me. the work you are doing is the hard stuff. best to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you captured the ice in these images, and am partial to all of the texture captured in the 2nd photo. and, for whatever it's worth, i think a lack of 'professional-level' equipment only means that your talent as the one BEHIND the lens is even more obvious! kudos to you for doing your research, and taking your knowledge and your camera both to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the second image, its who is behind the lens and knows how to work your camera inside and out, trust me there are so called "professional" photographers that are out there with a 5D mark II that dont even know how to use it, just because you have the best of the best equipment doesnt mean that it makes you a photographer. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete